Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cilantro Lime Rice

Grandma Bridger from St George is visiting which allowed me time to make a good dinner. Tonight we had my Cafe rio meal. The first part is Cilantro Lime Rice. So so good. Michael is always pleased. I am such a rice fan myself so I usually eat the leftovers the next day for lunch.
I highly recommend making your own Cafe Rio night at your house. Everyone loves to make their own burritos.

Cilantro Lime Rice

Ingredients
  • 1/2 onion, diced fine
  • 1 (4 oz) can of green chiles
  • 1 tbsp of minced garlic
  • 1 lime, Juiced
  • 1/2 bunch of cilantro
  • 3 C uncooked instant Rice
  • 3 C water
  • 4 tsp chicken granules
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp butter

Directions

  1. Blend garlic, cilantro, green chiles, onion and lime juice until smooth.
  2. Bring water to a boil in saucepan. Stir in cilantro mixture, chicken granules, salt, butter, and rice. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer until rice has absorbed liquid entirely. It will take about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment