pic courtesy of Food Network
Tyler's Ultimate Chicken Fried Steak
- 2 lbs of beef bottom round
- 2 to 2 1/2 C of flour
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 C butter milk or whole milk
- hot sauce to taste
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium flat dish, a pie pan works great, combine your flour, garlic and onion powder, salt, and pepper. In another dish put your eggs, hot sauce, and buttermilk. Season that dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut steak into 4- 1/2 in slices and pound thin.
- Dredge your meat in the flour, then the egg mixture, then again in the flour.
- Cool and let rest in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Put about 2 inches of oil in your pan. Heat to medium.
- Fry your steaks about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks and drain on paper towels.
- Add your favorite gravy to the steak. Preferabley a white but a brown gravy works great too.