Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Welcome and Italian Creamy Crock Pot Chicken

Welcome readers. I have some down time everyday with my new little bundle of joy that allows me to do something for myself. During naptime I have decided to get back into my hobby of cooking. I really enjoy it, but living with an engineer husband leaves the reviews from him with much to be desired. Though every once in a while he will rave about a recipe and then I know that it has to be good because it got more than the normal shoulder shrug. This is where those recipes will be put.

I am not a fancy cook. I like normal homecooked meals. Every recipe that I make is doable and pallet friendly. I also like to make things from scratch but with a baby I am sure there will be exceptions to the rule there. My soul enjoys butter, cream, and salt. I hope you enjoy the recipes that will be posted here simply because they are our favorites.

Now usually I am not a huge crock pot person. I never could wake up early enough or think ahead enough to remember to start dinner early to use a crock pot. Little Lucy has changed that. Now that I am home I do have the time to start a crock pot and boy do I need it. We tried this last night and I loved it. Michael loved it as well. It took me about 5 minutes to put together.

ITALIAN CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts ( I put mine in frozen)
1 packet of Italian salad dressing
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz of Cream Cheese
1 can of Mushrooms
Parmesan
1. place the chicken breasts into your crock pot
2. combine the salad dressing packet, cream cheese, and soup.
3. Pour over chicken
4. Cook on low for 4-6 hours in Crock Pot
5. Shred chicken
6. Add mushrooms
7. Serve over hot noodles, rice, mashed potatos, or biscuits (all of these are winners) and Garnish with parm.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...looks yummy! I can tell I'm going to love this new blog of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to try this recipe. It looks SO tasty.

    ReplyDelete