Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Creamy Bow Tie Pasta

Before going to the grocery store I try to make a menu. Try is the word because I usually deviate from the menu due to unexpected invites from friends or a crying baby. Tonight I actually got to one of the menued (is that a word?) meals and it was really fast and quite delicious. Sadly, the recipe was for two servings which you would think would be awesome since the only people around here eating solids is Michael and I but when you are breastfeeding you eat like Hagrid (Harry Potter Shout Out)





So I give you this pasta dish we had. Basically you are making a simple sauce but boy was it delicious. I found myself literally scraping the plate with my fork to get the sauce that was left behind. So good.





This recipe comes from Taste of Home.

Creamy Bow Tie Pasta

Ingredients

  • 1 C uncooked bow tie pasta
  • 1 1/2 tsp butter
  • 2 1/4 tsp EVOO
  • 1 1/2 tsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp garlic
  • dash of salt
  • basil
  • crushed red pepper
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • 2 tbsp chicken broth (i subbed chicken granules)
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp sour cream

Directions

Cook your pasta according to the directions. In the meantime, melt your butter in a sauce pan. Once melted, incorp your flour. Stir in the oil, garlic, and seasonings until blended. Gradually add your milk, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, stir for 2 minutes and then turn onto low until thickened.

Remove from heat, stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain Pasta and toss with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment