Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baked Teriyaki Chicken

I remember being a student at BYU, I would stop at Teriyaki Stix after a big test for my reward dinner for a teriyaki bowl. That makes me sound like an emotional eater. I am. Well anyways, I finally came across this recipe at allrecipes.com and it had great ratings with little changes so I had to give it a try. Michael came home really late and when he came home he was licking the plate at this sauce. I guses its a winner. I sure thought so. The two things I think REALLY made the difference was the basting and the use of chicken thighs instead of breasts. Delicious.

Baked Teriyaki Chicken


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon of cold water
  • 1/2 C white sugar
  • 1/2 C soy Sauce
  • 1/4 C cider vinegar ( I didnt have any so I left it out and it still turned out great)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 12 skinless chicken thighs

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the constarch, water, sugar, soy, ginger, vinegar, garlic, and pepper. Let simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens.
  2. preheat oven to 425
  3. place chicken in a 9X13 pan in a single layer (recommend lining with foil so the sauce wont burn onto your pan around the edges)
  4. Brush your chicken with the sauce
  5. Turn over and brush again
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, brushing chicken with sauce, every ten minutes. At the end of the 30 minutes, flip your chicken and bake for another 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you!!!!! I love your recipes, so keep 'em comin! :)

    ReplyDelete