Almost Famous Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head of Butter Lettuce
- 1 lb of ground pork (you could try ground beef but the restaurant uses pork)
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 C Hoison Sauce
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of rice wine Vinegar
- asian chile pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 8 oz Can of Water Chestnuts
- 1/2 C Carrots , chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 tsp of dark sesame oil
- Rinse head of lettuce, tear off whole leaves, pat dry and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, brown your pork in one tbsp of oil, stirring often and then reduce heat to medium. Drain meat, set aside and cool. Cook onion is same skillet pan. Add garlic , soy sauce, hoison, ginger, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce to the onions. Stir in water chestnuts, carrots, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked pork. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- To serve, add a portion of meat filling into a lettuce leaf and fold like a burrito.