Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oven Roasted Asparagus

Tonight we had roast beef sandwiches and oven roasted asparagus. For those that know me, know I am not a huge veggie eater. I am very particular about how I eat them. I love the ones I love and hate the ones I hate. Asparagus was on sale at the grocery store so I got it half out of the excitement of a good deal and half out of guilt to cook more veggies for Michael's new diet. I only did half the bunch because I didn't want to throw away the other half since I was only cooking for two and knowing that I probably wouldn't like it. That was the biggest mistake. I was literally sad when I finished my asparagus because there wasn't more. I could have probably eaten the whole bunch by myself. I got this recipe today from the new show Kitchen Boss on TLC. I highly recommend this recipe. soooo yummy. Now I get to eat the other half for lunch tomorrow. So quick and easy.

Oven Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients
  1. 1 bunch of asparagus
  2. 1 tbsp of olive oil
  3. 1/2 tsp salt
  4. 1/2 tsp black pepper
  5. 1/4 C Parm cheese
  6. 1/4 C Bread Crumbs

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400
  2. Trim off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus
  3. Arrange asparagus in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle oil over asparagus and turn over to coat the spears.
  4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cheese, and bread crumbs
  5. Roast for 10 minutes.

(

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE asparagus! So I am excited for this recipe! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a foody blog! Exciting.

    ReplyDelete