Potato Cheese Pierogis
Makes about 50 pierogis (ten servings)
- 4 baking potatos
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 C cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C Sour Cream
- Wonton Wrappers
- Peel and boil your potatos until they are cooked through. Drain out the water.
- Whip potatos with salt, garlic, milk, cheese, sour cream, and chives until it is a smooth mixture.
- Put 1 Tbsp of mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper and fold the wrapper over to make a half circle.
- Dip your finger in water and rub on edges.
- Now pinch edges to seal the wrapper.
- Once all wrappers are sealed, cover a frying pan with a thin layer of oil. Heat oil until it pops when you drop a drop of water into it.
- Place Pierogis in pan and cook on one side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Then turn and cook the other side.
- Take out pierogis and drain on a paper plate lined with paper towels.