Michael lost 5 lbs his first week of working out. That is awesome. I found a new great website that has really been helping me out with healthier dinner ideas. It is myrecipes.com . It is fantastic because it collects recipes from Cooking Light , Health, and Real simple and puts them all in one place so you can find great recipes for whatever requirement you need. I tried this one Yesterday and "MMmmm" was actually said after Michael's first bite. It was a lot simpler to make than I thought especially when you are making the sauce from scratch. It will definitely stay in the rotation even after the dieting is done. Did I mention it is under 350 Calories? Woo Hoo.
- 2 C uncooked egg noodles
- cooking spray
- 1 lb of Top sirloin Steak
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped Shallots (I did onions)
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of Flour
- 1 1/2 C Beef Broth
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 tsp of thyme
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While noodles cook, heat a skillet sprayed with non stick spray over medium heat. Add steak, cook for 5 minutes and brown on all sides. Remove from pan and cover.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add shallots and mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic, saute for 30 seconds. Stir in Soy sauce. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture. Stir in Beef broth ; Stir constantly and add pepper, salt, and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Return the steak to the sauce mixture and cook until thoroughly heated through.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles.