Monday, May 16, 2011

Knock You Naked Brownies



Wowsers. Ok I have to admit I didn't actually make these. On Sundays we go to my In-laws for dinner. It is a fabulous treat and a day off of cooking for me. Last night we had these for dessert. I had spied these brownies over here this week and as she was describing the dessert I immediately knew she was talking about these very brownies I had vowed to make. I strongly encourage all those that are in need of a good ooey gooey somethin somethin to give these a try. If I had carmels in my pantry at all time, these would be my go to brownie for now on.


Ingredients:

1 box of German Chocolate Cake Mix

1 C of finely chopped Pecans

1/3 C evaporated Milk

1/2 C butter, Melted

60 whole caramels, unwrapped

1/3 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

1/4 C Powdered Sugar



Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together in a bowl the cake mix, pecans, evaporated milk, and butter. Mixture will be thick. Divide the mixture in half. Press one half in the bottom of a well greased 9X9 pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.


In a double boiler, melt carmels with 1/2 C of milk. When melted and combined, pour over brownie base. Sprinkle your chocolate chips over caramel as evenly as possible.


Turn out your remaining brownie dough and press out into a square. You are wanting to make it a little smaller than your 9X9 pan. Set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chip layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, regrigerate for 2 hours until caramel is set up and then serve. Watch your clothes though so you don't end up naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment