Monday, May 9, 2011

Paula's Chicken and Asparagus Creamy Crepes

This past week was a Paula Deen week at my house. Paula and I go way back. She is the one that got me interested in cooking because she cooks my kind of food. I love the buttery flavors and just the simple comfort food that you know will leave your tummy full. I can't do her recipes everyday of the year or I would pack on the pounds but this recipe was too good to pass up. Michael enjoyed it but its really more of chick food he said. I liked them. I got the picture and recipe from here.


Ingredients:

1/2 C Butter
1 Small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 C AP flour
1 1/2 C Chicken Broth
1 C Milk
1 pkg cream cheese
3/4 C Cheddar cheese
2 C Cooked Chicken
Savory Crepes (recipe follows)
12 asparagus spears
1/2 C Swiss Cheese

Directions:
Melt your butter over medium heat in a pan. Stir in your onions and garlic and cooke for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in your broth and milk ; bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add your cheeses and stir until melted. Add chicken.

Preheat oven to 400.

Spoon 1/4 of chicken mixture down the middle of each crepe. Place 2 spears over chicken mixture and fold up each side to seal. Sprinkle swiss cheese over crepes. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.


Crepes Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment