Sunday, June 12, 2011

Slow Cooker Tamale Casserole

This a comfort food meal that is not full of fatty "cream of " soups. It is not a glamorous meal or pretty meal but I confess I ate it everyday last week until I finished off the leftovers. That is saying something. It was quick to throw together and exactly what I wanted. Michael does't like tamales so this was not his favorite meal. I thoroughly enjoyed it though and it fit in with my no flour no sugar diet perfectly. I recommend :)




Ingredients


1 lb of ground beef

1 egg

1 1/2 C milk

3/4 C Corn Meal

1 Can of Corn, drained

1 Can of Diced tomatos

1 Can of diced olives, Drained

1 Package of Chili seasoning

1 C of shredded Cheese



Directions



Cook your beef until no longer pink in a skillet and set aside. Combine the egg, milk, and corn meal unti l smooth. Add corn, olives, tomatos, seasoning, and beef. Transfer the mixture to a greased slow cooker Cover and cook for 4 hours on low. Spinkle with cheese and cook for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this sounds so easy and so delicious. Can't wait to try it! (Glad to have found your new blog!)

    ReplyDelete